Monday

Back at it....comments?

Ok everyone,
So I don't think many of you read this however...there are always tons of new things with online that I need to update you on so I need you to try to rely on this blog to give you some of that information. We might even do fun quizzes and prizes that you can only win by answering here on ilovetosellweb.com.

I had a semi arguement with my mother about the definition of news today...she says newspaper and TV that is news....If you haven't viewed the previous blog Web Terms in Plain English then you may not know what I'm talking about.

In the past, editors, programming managers (radio), directors (tv) they decided what was "news" worthy and pushed it out to the public...essentially saying "here this is what we think you should care about" (most of the time they were right). However, online is different...with blogs, podcasts, online video - users come to the web looking for information that they care about. An example: if I type a blog about online sales information....then I might only have 15 people read it....but to them this is information or news they care about....that is how we need to discuss the value of the web with our clients. It isn't content we gave them, it is information readers went looking for....

For more on the importance of blogs in the mainstream media read here (thanks to Joe R. at TheBAG for sharing).

No comments: